Sunday 17 November 2013

Star Buy of the Week: Alex and Ani bangles

             
Constellation, e41
Rock and raw wrap, e63














It's no secret that I have a soft spot for accessories. This week, I've fallen head over heels for my Star Buy- Alex and Ani bangles, with their gorgeous jewel tones and effortlessly stylish design. The potent powers of a smattering of amazing, 'go to' accessories in your wardrobe- like a armful of glamorous Alex and Ani bangles, stacked to perfection is incredible- transforming an outfit from dull to dazzling, and from day to night in an instant, like a fashion fairy godmother!

 So yes, accessories in all their sleek, beautiful, colourful and sparkly glory have been held in my fashionable affections for many years ago now- starting, I suspect, at some point during a raid of my Mum's wardrobe as a six year old! Jewellery, shoes, handbags and their sisters are quite simply quick 'n easy glamour fixes- and have justifiably been afforded 'pride of place' status in the wardrobes of women the world over- from the Champs Elysee to 5th Avenue, to the tribal women of the sweltering Sahara, where unique hand-beaded jewellery has adorned the female form since the beginning of time.
Nautical exapandable, e30

When it comes to gilding my wardrobe with worthy accessories, I am a fussy shopper, I'll admit. Despite my long running love affair with accessories, I am a difficult diva to please, requiring 'tried and tested' proof that products are quality and stylish- and that they'll stand the test of time, and make me look good! Well, what girl doesn't like some gorgeous arm candy from time to time?! 

When I discovered the stunning Alex and Ani range of jewellery just a few weeks ago- quite acidently while  indulging in, Xpose, on TV3 (the best fashion related programme to hit Irish TV screens in the last few years, in my opinion), I was immediately hooked. The seriously stylish American designed range of jewellery is cool, edgy and effortless- full stop! Its beautifully crafted bangles, infused with positive energy easily transfer from day to night, minus any fuss and drama- as well as enlightening and empowering mind, body and spirit, which can only be a good thing!
Studstruck wrap, e45

Alex and Ani have just launched two new collections for this season- the Eden's Equinox collection and the Starry Eyed and Raw collection. Gorgeous rich jewel tones permeate the collections- complemented by stud and rhinestone detailing  which add interest and edgy femininity to the pieces. Actress and DJ ( and wife to Brian McFadden), Vogue Williams recently modelled the new collections on TV3's, Xpose, and they were styled exactly as I would have elected. Scores of beautiful bangles were stacked to perfection on Vogue's arms, keeping the vibe slightly bohemian- yet modern.
Starry eyed wrap, e63

Alex and Ani bangles are my Star Buy for this week, not only for their stylishness and beautiful design- but also for their affordability. Starting from just e26, a piece of Alex and Ani jewellery would make a very nice present for someone special- you included! Watch out for Alex and Ani in Arnott's, Dublin- as well as in wide selection of independent jewellers nationwide. Check out www.alexandani.com for further details.

No comments:

Post a Comment